"Children are one third of our population and all of our future."
-Select Panel for the Promotion of Child Health

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The President's Speech

First of all, I'd like to apologize again for not updating this thing for a few days. I had a busy weekend and could only find time on Sunday afternoon to get on a computer.

Anyway, I know I'm a little late but I just wanted to talk about President Obama's memorial speech at Tucson. If you haven't seen it, you can view it here. I thought he did a great job of keeping his focus on the people involved in the Giffords shooting, and keeping politics out of the mix. He seemed sincere and genuinely upset about the incident. Amidst all the finger pointing and blaming that occurred because of the shooting, the president stepped up and focused on what really matters. Even Glenn Beck was happy with the speech, and that's saying something.

That's really all I had to say and I apologize for being so late in the game. But if you haven't watched the speech, I suggest you watch at least part of it. Let's hope the shooting and the president's reaction to it can clean up politics at least a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment