"Children are one third of our population and all of our future."
-Select Panel for the Promotion of Child Health

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Take On Korea Situation

As you can see, over the past few days I've been writing mostly on the situation in Korea that's been talked about so much recently. Well I read the article below a couple days ago and, based on this and my other knowledge of the situation, I have reason to hope this will all blow over. Of course, I'm certainly no genius and I still have a lot to learn about international affairs, but it seems that without China, North Korea will be forced to back down. China is fed up with North Korea's childlike actions like the rest of the world is, and without their support the DPRK has the entire world against them. China needs the rest of the world, especially the U.S., for the health of its economy and supporting North Korea means losing those international relations and global trade the country needs to stay booming. It would not be in the best interest of China to support North Korea, and North Korea certainly isn't equipped to enter into a war on its own. So, I think this will turn out relatively nonviolently and North Korea will be forced to back down. You never know though, since Kim Jong-il and son have been known to act irrationally and aggressively.

Wikileaks cables reveal China 'ready to abandon North Korea'

No comments:

Post a Comment